VA Auto Grants pay for wheelchair vans for disabled Veterans

If you are a Servicemember or Veteran you may be eligible for a grant that would cover nearly 50% of the cost of the MV-1 wheelchair van if you have certain service-related disabilities. The VA Auto Grant 4502 can be paid directly to MV-1 of CT and the Servicemember or Veteran. This a great way to receive assistance with paying for your MV-1.

You may also be eligible for adaptive equipment. Adaptive equipment includes, but is not limited to, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power seats, and special equipment necessary to assist you into and out of the vehicle.  If qualified, the VA can provide financial assistance for adaptive equipment as well which would reduce the cost of the MV-1 even further.

MV-1 of Connecticut is an approved government contractor that is able to receive grants and assist Veterans with the purchase of an MV-1 wheelchair van.

CALL 866-811-8745

How to Apply

  • Complete VA Form 21-4502, “Application for Automobile or Other Conveyance and Adaptive Equipment” and mail to your regional office or
  • Work with an accredited representative or agent or
  • Go to a VA regional office and have a VA employee assist you. You can find your regional office on the Facility Locator page
  • If you are entitled to adaptive equipment only (i.e., service connected for ankylosis of knees or hips) you should complete VA Form 10-1394, “Application for Adaptive Equipment – Motor Vehicle” and submit it to your local VA medical center. You can find your local VA medical center on the health Facility Locator page.

For more information on how to apply and for tips on making sure your claim is ready to be processed by VA, visit the How to Apply page.