Finance an MV-1 Van near Hamden, CT

Connecticut Disability Grants and Funds for Wheelchair Vans

Purchasing a wheelchair accessible van to better care for your family or service your customers can represent a significant investment. We know that at our MV-1 dealership near West Hartford, and that’s why we employ a friendly, knowledgeable finance team that can help guide you through the financing process. From explaining your options to you to working with the government to secure grants and discounts, our MV-1 finance team does it all.

Take a look at this list of grants for disabled Connecticut citizens to see if any may apply to you. Then, get in touch with the specialists at our MV-1 dealership for a straightforward, helpful financing experience.

Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), State of Connecticut

Connecticut’s BRS is funded federally by the US Department of Education’s Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services and the Rehabilitation Services Administration. Its goal is to help the state’s disabled find and maintain employment. It offers disability grants for those requiring special transportation to go into work and other support.

Department of Social Services
25 Sigourney Street, 11th Floor
Hartford, CT. 06106

(860) 424-4844



Connect-Ability uses federal funds to improve access to employment for Connecticut’s disabled population. It works to break down the barriers that stand between the disabled and a rewarding job. This includes helping with transportation hurdles, and the group can help with obtaining a handicapped accessible van.

(866) 844-1903


Connecticut Tech Act Project

The CT Tech Act Project assistive technology loan program assist Connecticut’s citizens with disabilities and older adults to obtain the assistive technology devices and services they need to enhance independence and productivity in the community, education and employment with an improved quality for life.

55 Farmington Avenue 12th Floor
Harford, CT.

(860) 424-4881


Connecticut Council on Developmental Disabilities (CDD)

The Connecticut CDD works to provide access to education, meaningful work and community life for people with developmental disabilities. If you or a family member has a condition classified as a developmental disability, the CDD may help fund your wheelchair accessible van with a grant.

460 Capital Avenue
Hartford, CT. 06106

(860) 418-6160


Connecticut Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA)

If you are a disabled veteran living in Connecticut, the VA would be the best source for accessible vehicle grants. You must be injured during active duty and have loss or permanent loss of limbs. The VA will grant up to $40,000 towards the purchase of an accessible vehicle. You will need to complete for 4502 to apply for a grant.

287 West Street
Rocky Hill, CT. 06067

(860) 616-3600


Connecticut Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

This is Connecticut’s branch of a nationwide organization set up by law to promote the principles of equal access and independent living for Americans with disabilities. The 23-member council is appointed by the Governor, and consists of a majority of disabled Connecticut residents. The SILC is a great resource when looking for sources of financial aid for an accessible van.
Hartford (860) 523-5021
Naugatuck (203) 729-3299
Norwich (860) 823-1898
Stratford (203) 378-6977
West Haven (203) 934-7077


New England Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Center

Persons with disabilities in Connecticut are served by the New England ADA Center, the area’s chapter of the National Network of ADA centers. It endeavors to promote and strengthen the independence, self-determination, rights and quality of life of all state residents with a disability. This is an essential source of information and assistance while trying to locate all the disability grants for which you might qualify for acquiring a wheelchair accessible van.

180-200 Portland Street
Suite 1
Boston, MA. 02114

(617) 695-1225

Obie Harrington-Howes Foundation (OHHF)

OHHF is a nonprofit organization that awards grant money for Connecticut residents who have suffered a spinal cord injury. Disability grants are given to promote mobility, independence and access to education.

P.O. Box 2221
Darien, CT. 06820

(888) 265-5859